Sunday, February 4, 2007

Five Random Things About Myself

First, I want to thank GrayFox for being the first to tag me on his blog, and I want to thank Hasan for explaining to me this tradition and for tagging me too.

I've been tagged to write five things about myself, so my dear reader get ready for some royal blue narcissism. Here are five random things.

I like to take people and things as they are. For me 1 meter is 1 meter, and it is wrong to define a meter in inches or yards. I like to solve technical problems, as they are with the minimum steps and resources possible, not only for maximum efficiency but also because it is much challenging and fun this way. I usually prefer to open a plastic bag than to tear it apart. I believe that lying is failure to find nice and neat solutions.

I am very grateful to the Creator that I am a living creature and I believe it is a great honor to be a human being. I praise the Creator for creating man and woman. I do too many faux pas all the time, but I never intend them and sometimes I feel embarrassed and sorry when I realize them, but I usually laugh and feel happy that I am a human.

Being highly independent, autonomous and open is very essential to me. I work for regular commercial companies and only for civil projects. I avoid any job that has the least of conflict with my principles. I do not put pictures of any person even if he or she is great and respectful. I will not join any organized society or party or stick to any intellectual, scientific or technical school.

I feel kind of sad when any girl cuts her hair short, or when she dyes it completely. I feel worried that women put cosmetics made in some third world countries or by unknown companies, as those products, including hair dyes and powders, may contain unhealthy and dangerous constituents and could negatively affect the health of women or their babies.

I am very sensitive to the beauty of text, weather it is typography or calligraphy. I keep staring at text and I enjoy tasting typographical details like serif and sans serif decorations and spacing of words and letters.

Now let me think of an idea for a new tag, heh heh heh!

6 comments:

Hasan Bazerbashi said...

"Being highly independent" ... hmmm ... man you don't know how to fry an egg:D! Do you? HAEHAEHE :P

Nice to know more about you:) ...

And don't dare to make new evil tagging scenes!!

Omar the Royal Blue said...

Hasan: You bet man! I need someone to fry eggs for me :), as Celine sings, "I don't wanna be all by myself anymore"

Anonymous said...

Hi Omar, this is my first visit here, your blog is nice keep it goin on :)

Anonymous said...

Buongiorno a tutti!
A ciccio!!! Ooooh, Finalmente, trovo qualche nuovità.. Per l'amor di Dio!!
Ma che fine avevi fatto eh?
Comunque ben tornato ciccio bello!
Riguardo ai cosmetici, to do la mia conferma. Hai ragione in tutto. Ma cosa vuoi che le ragazze in Siria facciano eh? Loro non mettono un piede fuori casa senza aver messo 1 kg di prodotti cosmetici sulla loro faccia innocente!!

You are very sensitive to the beauty of text, weather it is typography or calligraphy? hmmm.. my calligraphy is a kind of horribile!! Thanks be to the PC that you won't see my calligraphy!
Man I don't remeber your galligraphy. As soon as I pay Syria a visit, then please show it to me. You have to exercise very hard.. But don't worry.. My next visit may will be in a year or more. Do you think you have enough of time?!

Omar the Royal Blue said...

Zena:
Thank you so much and welcome to the labs :) I've been reading your blog for while, even before I've started my own blog. Expect my comments soon.


Semplicita1:
Buon giorno and welcome back. I'm happy that you found something we agree on, even if it's cosmetics, LOL just kidding. I think that some cosmetics manufacturers are evil and stupid.
My Arabic handwriting is just awful but my Latin handwriting is much better.
I miss you my friend and I cannot wait to see you again.

GraY FoX said...

that was fun stuff to know about you dude :)
it's nice to open the plastic bags when you feel like taking time, but it sucks when it's raining and you just wanna get your umbrella :P
you are a systematic person dude , i like that :D

and no more freaking tags :)
let us live in peace for a while